Would You Take It….or Leave It?

Brandon Phillips, Contributor

If you do good things then you will get rewarded with good things, but if you do bad things then you will be rewarded with bad things. Although you do good things for people like hold the door or help them across the street, you will get rewarded by being nice and if other people see it they would ask you again if they see you again.  If you don’t help someone and someone sees that why would they want to ask you for help if you wouldn’t want to help that other person.  So, at West Valley High School if you do something good you will get rewarded and if you do bad things then you will have consequences.

I’m going to talk about how I did a good thing at West Valley High School and I got rewarded for doing it. On December 8th, I got dropped off at school and I’m walking to class and I find a $100 dollar bill on the ground and I pick it up and go to class to set my stuff down. I also thought about keeping it and spending it on a new phone, but I knew my dad would have made me return it anyways. So, I went up to the office and I turned it in then went back to class. Then I go throughout my dad and then six period finally comes. Mr. Cordova comes in and tells me to come with him. I wasn’t sure why? He said he was talking me to the student store, to pick something I wanted. So I got a stadium chair for my dad. Mrs. Kane, the one who was working the student store, tells me that he turned in the hundred dollars and is able to get something for himself but he gets it for his dad. That made me feel good.

I talked to Mrs. Kane I asked her, “How many times has this happened?” She said, “It has happened some many other times, but just not as much as I turned in thought.” I asked if she had problems of theft or anythings but she said has had problems with clothes that students don’t like or not the right size.  I asked what she likes about her job and what she dislikes about her job  She said, “I likes to interact with the student but dislikes the long meetings”.  I asked if she looks forward coming to her job every day and she said, “Yes because I love working with the students, because they are almost always happy.”