This Eagle is “Going Places”

Lexie Regelin, Contributor

Bailey Suzler is a football player at West Valley High School. Bailey moved up to the varsity team his sophmore year. He become one of the most successful players and made his spot on the team as a captain. Over summer vacations, Bailey goes down to colleges and camps to get a better insight of the game and the teams that he could be on in his future. He works exceptionally hard for his great touchdowns, his speed and his game.

He is also a great student. Bailey is a leader to most students and athletes of West Valley and I believe that is an amazing thing. I asked Bailey what was the hardest part of being apart of the football team was and he said, “The hardest part is when things are going bad and you have to gut it out and still perform to the best of your ability. When you are losing, teammates are struggling, when you are tired, etc.  And when those things happen you still have to practice and play as hard as you can, no matter what.”

I asked him what makes football all worth it, he said, “Football is worth it to me because of many reasons. One, the friendships you create with your teammates is unbreakable. Also the little things like wearing your jersey to school, scoring touchdowns, hearing the crowd cheer you on. The biggest to me though is the traditions you have the opportunity to be apart of especially at West Valley.”

I then asked Bailey where he saw himself continue playing football and he responded, “I’m not exactly sure where I want to play after high school. BYU is my overall goal and I’d love to play there. If I don’t get a scholarship to that particular school I will look at my options with the other scholarships I hope to get from smaller schools.”

Bailey is one heck of a leader. Not only does he set good examples, he is funny and popular. One of the most important things to the kids of West Valley are the Friday night lights. There would be no “Krazy Krew” if our football players didn’t practice everyday to win games. All those players show so much heart, passion, and love to our Friday nights, their supporters, and our school.  You don’t have to listen to me, as you can see on the field, in his attitude and in his heart, Bailey Sulzer has a different kind of talent and passion when it comes to playing the sport of football.