JV Football: Movin’ On Up

Amos Burwell, Contributor

The Junior Varsity Football team had a good season out on the field, ending the season taking 3rd in Northern Athletic League with an overall record of 7-3.  We got to where we ended by putting our heart and soul into the sport.  With eleven guys out on the field and the rest of the team on the side all beating as one heartbeat.  We started out with a great game against the Foothill Cougars, which we tied our freshmen year.  With a shutout game with big hits all over the field, great catches, great intensity and ending the game with a score of 12-0.

The reason why we lost some games were because we lost our brotherhood.  Some of the opponents were dirty players, there were some bad calls, dumb moves from us and just little mistakes.  The reason why we won was because we found our brotherhood, laying big hits in to every team, cooperating with each other, playing as one, not being selfish out on the field, have respect for every player on the field and never blamed somebody else for a mistake that you made and owning up to the mistakes.

Sophomore Walker Steele said, “The difference from last years JV football team and this years JV football team would be more heart, more intensity, more discipline and we had less penalty calls which all lead to more wins than last years JV football team.”  Sophomore Jordon Bilbrey said, ”I think we were successful because we actually started to work together as a team.”  Sophomore Amos Burwell said ,“The reason why we were very successful was because of the hard work and intensity from the team that was put out in practice and out on the field.”

The JV team is now happy with the successful season that they ended with.  Now the players going up to varsity for a new season where they can show how good of a team the are and dealing with the challenge of incorporating the returning Varsity players and JV players to show how good of a team they will be when they are all beating as one heartbeat.